Our Annual Postgraduate Conference aims to bring together postgraduate research students to actively engage in cross-disciplinary discussions and debate, and to present their research work in a professional and supportive environment.
We provide a dynamic environment for postgraduate research and taught programmes. Our students are offered an opportunity to work in a friendly environment and in close contact with internationally recognised researchers in their field of study.
|MA Anthrozoology||Full time 1 year
Part time 2 years
By Distance Learning only
|MPhil/PhD Anthropology||MPhil: Full time 2-3 years; Part time 4-5 years
PhD: Full time 3-4 years; Part time 6-7 years
|MA by Research Anthropology||Full time 1-2 years
Part time 2-3 years
- 9th in the UK for world-leading and internationally excellent research1
- 2nd for Sociology in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- 7th for Philosophy in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- 8th for Anthropology in The Complete University Guide 2017
- Internationally recognised for work in science and technology studies, philosophical anthropology and the sociology of culture
- Funding opportunities available through ESRC South West Doctoral Training Centre - a hub of world-class social sciences research
1Research Excellence Framework 2014 based on the percentage of research categorised as 4* and 3*.