The conference gathered together researchers, teachers and practitioners to share and discuss research that is concerned with all aspects of teaching and learning in music.
RIME (Research in Music Education) Conference
The 9th International Conference for Research in Music Education
14 -18 April 2015
|Here is the list of abstracts for all the presenters at the RIME Conference 2015|
The conference gathered together researchers, teachers and practitioners to share and discuss research that is concerned with all aspects of teaching and learning in music: musical development, perception and understanding, creativity, learning theory, pedagogy, curriculum design, informal settings, music for special needs, technologies, instrumental teaching, teacher education, gender and culture. Music education is also viewed in the context of arts education, the whole curriculum and its sociocultural contexts.
Keynote speakers included:
- Associate Professor Kathryn Marsh – University of Sydney, Australia
- Professor Margaret Barrett– University of Queensland, Australia
- Professor Henkjan Honing – University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Associate Professor Randall Allsup - Teachers College Columbia, USA
- Professor Stephanie Pitts – University of Sheffield, UK
Graduate School of Education
University of Exeter
St Lukes Campus