Ms Dinah Warren
Senior Lecturer in Languages Education
+44 (0) 1392 724831
Baring Court BC125
Baring Court, University of Exeter St Luke's Campus, Heavitree Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Dinah Warren, a Senior Lecturer in languages education, is Primary PGCE Programme Director, Module Leader of the Secondary Modern Foreign Languages PGCE course and the Primary PGCE Languages Pathway. Dinah also teaches on the MA Education Programme.
BA (hons) French and Theatre Studies (1985), PGCE in secondary modern foreign languages with drama(1987) Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2018) and ASPIRE Senior Fellow (2018).
Dinah started her teaching career in a comprehensive school in central London, before moving on to a Head of Department role in new school in North Finchley. After moving to Devon in 2000, Dinah began teaching in a local comprehensive school, where she worked until 2012, combining this with some work on the Primary and Secondary PGCE course. She now works on the PGCE full time.
Dinah's teaching interests include: school-led teacher training - the use of the target language in secondary MFL classrooms - interactive and active learning - peer and self assessment - intercultural understanding - raising the profile of MFL in primary and secondary schools - issues surrounding transition - digital and web-based learning.
- EDUM043 - Secondary French Subject Knowledge and Pedagogy
- EDUM044 - Secondary German Subject Knowledge and Pedagogy
- EDUM051 - Secondary Spanish Subject Knowledge and Pedagogy
- EDUM052 - Secondary Professional Learning
- EFPM001 - Effective Mentoring
- EFPM150 - Aspirational Practice for Early Career Teachers
- EMLM008 - Primary Modern Foreign Languages Specialism