We are an ESRC-recognised outlet for part-time, full-time and distance learning through the South West Doctoral Training Centre.
All students are invited to present a paper at the Annual Staff/PGR Educational Research Conference .
Prospective students are welcome to attend as a taster day to see if this is the route for you.
Why choose Exeter
....with Exeter the door is never closed. It continues to be on hand to give advice and take an active interest in the career development of its students. This makes Exeter a very special place, putting students, and ultimately the pupils they teach, first.
Richard, Primary PGCE
- 6th in the UK for world-leading and internationally excellent research in Education1
- Ranked 3rd amongst university providers of initial teacher training in the Good Teacher Training Guide 2017
- Top 150 in the world for Education (QS World University Rankings 2017)
- PhD studentships available through the ESRC South West Doctoral Training Centre - a hub of world-class social sciences research
- Recognised by the Training and Development Agency for Schools (TDA) and Ofsted as an outstanding provider of Primary and Secondary teacher education
- Home to one of the largest education libraries in the UK
High quality research-inspired learning
The Graduate School of Education is one of the most diverse and highly regarded schools of education in the country. We offer a full range of postgraduate programmes comprising research degrees; professional doctorates; a Masters in Educational Research; and full-time and flexible part-time Masters degrees. We also offer Primary and Secondary PGCE programmes.
The Graduate School of Education is rated as Outstanding for both primary and secondary Initial Teacher Education. Our educational research advances policy, theory and practice and contributes to the broader vision of Education, both nationally and internationally. You will become part of a research-intensive Graduate School, studying with some of the leading scholars in their disciplines.
Beautiful location and excellent facilities
We are located on the historic and beautiful St Luke’s Campus and provide excellent support for all our postgraduate students including one of Britain’s best Education libraries. This ideal setting is within easy walking distance of both the city centre and the University’s Streatham Campus, where students are encouraged to make use of the additional facilities available to them.
1 Research Excellence Framework 2014 based on the percentage of research categorised as 4* and 3*.