Please familiarise yourself with the guidance on using Microsoft Teams
New postgraduates autumn 2020
A very warm welcome to the Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies. We are delighted that you are joining us, and very much hope that you will find your time here at Exeter stimulating, challenging, and rewarding.
We're currently planning our Induction Week activities from 14 September to welcome you to the University of Exeter, so the information provided here will be changing as new details are released. We're also working within Government guidelines meaning information and activities may change as that guidance changes as well. Please ensure you check back here frequently for updates, as well as your personal email account, new University of Exeter email account, and your My Timetable for the most up-to date information from us. Please note you must have registered with the University and activated your IT account to access My Timetable.
If you have any questions about your induction or starting your studies, please contact your Hub: firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)1392 723365
Hubs are open Monday to Friday (term time) 9.00am to 5.00pm (UK time).
If you’ve received an offer to start one of our Masters programmes in January, we’ll be in touch with you later in the year with details of your induction activities and what you need to do to register with us at the University of Exeter.
Information about things you'll need to do before arriving at Exeter can be found on our New Students website.
This schedule may be subject to change - always check your personal timetable online, via My Timetable, for the latest information.
Please come back to this website for your schedule for Academic Induction which will be available soon.
Your first term officially starts on Monday 12 October. We will be providing you with online Fresher’s Week information commencing October 5, which will include a variety of social and academic sessions to help prepare you for the start of term. You can also access the University's New Students’ Guide at any time prior to that.
What if I need to study remotely in term 1?
You can apply to study remotely this term. It is a simple process which is detailed on our Coronavirus information pages. (navigate to the ‘Planning for the next academic year’ section of that website and select ‘Can I study remotely in 2020/21?’).
Share your experiences, support prospective students and earn while you learn
Can you commit to one hour a week chatting to prospective students on your smartphone? Do you enjoy talking/writing? If yes, apply to become a Unibuddy Ambassador for the University of Exeter.
- Share your experiences of University life
- Build professional skills
- Improve your CV and increase employability prospects
- Support students just like you
- Earn while you learn
Unibuddy is a social platform that connects current students with prospective applicants from around the world. Through informal chats, blogs and videos, Unibuddy ambassadors offer support, guidance and information to help applicants make the right decisions about higher education.
As a Unibuddy ambassador you will:
- Answer questions from students about study, life and your experience at university (one hour per week at the standard ESA (Exeter Student Ambassador) hourly rate).
- Help students find the right information and contact details for particular departments/people at the University of Exeter.
- Check your account on a daily basis and answer questions in a timely manner.
- Keep conversations going and build up a friendly relationship with students by asking questions and being engaging.
- Provide a real insight into the University of Exeter experiences through chats, blogs and videos (a minimum of two pieces of content per month).
To be a successful Unibuddy you will:
- Be a confident communicator who enjoys producing engaging content.
- Have a positive outlook on university life and study.
- Be flexible and willing to respond to questions quickly and efficiently.
- Adopt a mature and professional approach to conversations.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please express your interest to PGunibuddy@exeter.ac.uk. We look forward to hearing from you!