Dr Isabelle Rueda
Dr. Isabelle Rueda is a Senior Lecturer in Law (Education and Research). She joined Exeter Law School in January 2016.
She previously held positions as a Lecturer at the University of Sheffield (2012-2015) and as a postdoctoral researcher in European Private Law at the University of Luxembourg (2009-2012).
She studied Law at the University of Toulouse (France) before working as a Lecturer at the same university until completion of a PhD on European Contract Law (2008). She has been visiting researcher at UNIDROIT (Rome) in 2000, 2002, 2016 and 2019 and at the Max Planck Institute of Hambourg in 2019.
Dr. Isabelle Rueda is a member of different professional bodies and scientific societies:
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the Society of Legal Scholars
- Fellow of the European Law Institute
- Member of the British Institute of International and Comaparative Law (BIICL) and of Société de Législation Comparée (SLC)
- Member of the European network of legal experts Trans Europe Experts
- Member of the International Association of Consumer Law
She has completed a research project funded by the British Academy and the Leverhulme Trust on impact assessments and contract law harmonisation.
Research group links
- Impact assessments and harmonisation of private law
- Europeanisation of Private Law
- Comparative Law
- Private International Law
- Transnational Commercial Law
Dr. Isabelle Rueda is particularly interested in the interaction between the European and international levels of harmonisation and in the interplay between the national, European and international levels of legislation.