Postgraduate study in Politics and International Relations
We excel in research and teaching across all the main areas of political science including international relations, political theory, public policy and administration, comparative politics, public opinion and political behaviour. Research income has grown with major awards from the Economic and Social Research Council, the European Commission and Leverhulme Trust. The department's strong research culture is reflected in our regular seminars and workshops and visits from internationally renowned scholars.
With over thirty members of faculty engaged in world-leading research and a thriving postgraduate community with over 80 Masters students each year and currently more than 60 PhD students, we offer a challenging but friendly and supportive environment in which to pursue your own research interests. There are opportunities at both the Streatham Campus in Exeter and at the Penryn Campus near Falmouth.
- MA Applied Security Strategy
- MA Conflict, Security and Development
- MA European Politics
- MA International Relations
- MA Politics and International Relations of the Middle East
- MA Political Thought
- MRes Politics
- MRes Security, Conflict and Human Rights
- Masters of Public Administration (MPA)
- MRes Advanced Quantitative Methods (AQM) In Social Sciences
- MSc Policy Analytics
- Module examples