Employers and sponsors
A key strength of the Exeter MPA is its ability to match learning outcomes to your organisational objectives. The range of opportunities offered by the core and elective modules allows participants to plot a course which best matches your immediate business priorities as well as individuals’ professional development needs. As a sponsor, your organisation will benefit from:
- a training programme which has been rigorously assessed and awarded a place to supply the UK public sector by the Crown Commercial Service (formerly Buying Solutions)
- access to the latest ideas and innovation from a team of experts whose experience includes consultancy to national governments and organisations like the United Nations, World Bank, European Commission, Competition Commission and the Treasury
- increased knowledge and skills relevant to management competencies such as strategic thinking, effective communication, leadership, negotiation and influencing, working with others, planning and organising
- a greater understanding of key skills that underpin the requirements of modernising public sector organisations, including policy analysis, evaluation, use of evidence, problem solving, communication and the management of change
- enhanced knowledge and skills in strategic financial management and delivering efficiencies
- best practice solutions to issues faced by public sector organisations in the UK and overseas.
We are keen to work with you to help you and your managers get the best out of the Exeter MPA and have a good track record of collaborating with sponsors and employers.
We have worked successfully with national and regional government departments to provide training to groups of middle and senior managers. Our expertise in this area includes teaching public administration to cohorts of students from government bodies in Korea and Turkey, in addition to arranging bespoke training on specific issues such as auditing and ethics.
We have experience of delivering continuous professional development programmes to organisations such as the armed forces, police service and education authorities. We also have experience of catering for individual students who have been sponsored by employers such as local government, the emergency services and the not-for-profit sector.
We aim to take a flexible approach to programme delivery and will be happy to discuss any specific requirements such as:
- agreeing learning outcomes
- negotiating work-based projects to deliver business improvements
- tailoring assessment around specific management competencies
- on-site training
- single module delivery or bespoke training
- competitive fee packages for groups of students from the same employer