Dr Lewys Brace
Lecturer in Data Analysis (Criminology)
Lewys Brace is a Lecturer in Data Analysis and part of the University of Exeter's Q-Step Centre, where he specialises in data science, extremism, terrorism, cybercrime, and Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT).
His research currently focuses on online extremist radicalisation and the development of computational research methods for the social sciences.
He is the lead for the Institute for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence's Security and Policing theme (https://www.exeter.ac.uk/idsai/researchthemes/). He can be found on Twitter with the handle @Lew_Brace.
Research group links
- Online radicalisation
- Quantitative research methods
- Social Data Science
- Numerical and Computational research methods
- Artifical Intelligeence/machine learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Open-Source Intelligence
Research Groups Links:
-Exeter Q-Step Centre
- PhD in Complex Systems Simulation - Computational Research Methods, University of Southampton, UK.
- MSc Social and Cultural Research Methods, Brunel University, UK.
- BSc (Hons) Police Studies, Buckinghamshire New University, UK.