Mrs Gemma Bartlett
I am the Communications and Marketing Officer for the College of Social Sciences and International Studies.
My work covers the full spectrum of marketing activities required by the College including: College-based projects and Central Marketing Office activities; aiding production and management of the various publications, websites and online presences we generate and maintain; creative directing photo shoots and the production of our promotional videos; and work with colleagues to produce CRM for our applicants and offer holders to name just a few key examples.
I have also assisted with marketing-related activities for conferences being led by our academic colleagues.
I joined the University in 2007, working in the School of Arts, Languages and Literatures, which merged into the College of Humanities (HUMS) in 2010, focusing on postgraduate admissions and student recruitment. In 2014 I started working in the Central Marketing Team as Marketing Communications Officer for both the College of Social Sciences and International Studies (SSIS) and HUMS before shifting solely to SSIS.
I graduated with a BA (Hons) History and Archaeology (2003), and an MA History (2004) from the University of Exeter and began a career in Retail sales and operations management before moving into Higher Education.
My key skills/areas of expertise include:
- Copy writing and copy editing (brochures, flyers, posters, banners, adverts, etc)
- Competent in web marketing, including website revision and updating. Excellent working knowledge of T4.
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Skilled in Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher
- Knowledge of UG, PGT and PGR-related activities (from pre-application through to graduation)
- Proficient in the use of the SITS database
In my spare time I'm a keen amateur palaeontologist and enjoy fossil hunting in Dorset and Somerset with my husband and our puppy - hoping to find a complete Ichthyosaur one day. I’m also training with a professional photographer in portrait, nature and landscape, astro, and macro photography.