Employability and Placements Adviser
Ciaran supports the SSIS Employability team and is primarily based at Amory within University of Exeter Student Employability and Academic Success.
- ARA2174 - Year Abroad with Work Placement
- ARAM081 - Advanced Arabic Language
- POLM084 - Conflict, Security and Development in World Politics
- SSI2001 - Learning from Work Experience in Social Sciences
- SSI2002 - Data Analysis in the Workplace
- SSI3017 - Learning from Work Experience in the Social Sciences
- SSI3018 - Employment Experience Abroad
As an Employability and Placements Adviser, my role involves administrative and employability support for a number of modules and programmes within the college of Social Sciences and International Studies; including: Employment Experience Abroad, MA: Conflict, Security and Development, Learning From Work Experience, and the MArabic Programme. I also support the college employability strategy through careers events. Prior to my current role, I was based in the University of Exeter Q-Step Centre as the Project Support Officer.
I graduated from the University of Exeter with a BA in History in 2015 and an MA in Medieval Studies in 2016. I continue to have a strong interest in heritage institutions and the success of the University in general. I am passionate about ensuring alumni, current and future students have an excellent experience at Exeter that sets them up for the world outside of education.
My student office hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays 14:00-16:00. You can book on here: https://mycareerzone.exeter.ac.uk/workgroups/ssis-placements-politics-and-spa-exeter/appointments/type/199250