Many of our publications can be downloaded free of charge as PDF files. For those that cannot, or for hard copies of those that can, please send a cheque (payable to the University of Exeter) alongside details of your order to:
Centre for Rural Policy Research
College of Social Sciences & International Studies
Prince of Wales Road
Cheque (payable to the University of Exeter) sent to the above address. We will send you a receipt of payment, but we regret that we are unable to raise invoices for sums of less than £25. i.e. all orders with a value of less than £25 must be pre-paid.
If you have any questions regarding publications and payment, please get in touch.
Tel: 01392 722348
Working papers and briefings
Our briefings include a wide range of reports and papers which make available to a wider audience the findings of the Centre's research and investigations in farming and the rural economy. Although many are regional in focus, the series also includes shorter versions of national studies. Our briefings (in PDF format) can be downloaded from the links below, or are available from the Centre in hard copy form at £5 each.
- 5 Improving Economic Efficiency in Small Dairy Herds
Research conducted for Milklink
Martin Turner and Keith Robbins
ISBN 1 870558 96 0
- 4 Farm diversification in England 2002
Martin Turner, Michael Winter, Donald Barr, Andrew Errington, Mark Fogerty, Matt Lobley and Matt Reed
ISBN 1 870558 66 9
- 3 Desk research on developments in farming policy and practice 1967-2002
Reports to the Cabinet Office Foot and Mouth 'Lessons Learned' Inquiry, 2002
Michael Winter, Martin Turner, Martin Palmer, Ian Whitehead and Nick Millard
ISBN 1 870558 65 0
- 2 The state of farming on Dartmoor 2002
Martin Turner, Donald Barr, Mark Fogerty, K Hart, and Michael Winter
ISBN 1 870558 64 2
- 1 Impact of Foot and Mouth Disease on the economy of Exmoor National Park
Martin Turner and Andrew Sheppard
ISBN 1 870558 61 8
Our working papers are largely research based and are aimed at both an academic and policy audience. Current working papers are available at £5 each (incl. p&p). Older working papers (those hyperlinked below) can still be purchased from the Centre for £5, but are also freely available here as downloads.
- 4 Green consumption: a social psychological perspective, 2003
ISBN 1 870558 71 5
- 3 Exploding the family farm business: analysing how the fragments 'family', 'farm' and 'business' hold together, 2003
Matt Reed, Matt Lobley and Michael Winter
ISBN 1 870558 70 7
- 2 Research and knowledge transfer, 2002: A South West perspective on the Report of the Policy Commission on the Future of Farming and Food
ISBN 1 870558 68 5
- 1 Modulation and agri-environment schemes: potential impacts on the South West, 2002. A South West perspective on the Report of the Policy Commission on the Future of Farming and Food.
Michael Winter, Alan Butler and Martin Turner
ISBN 1 870558 67 7