Postgraduate Module Descriptor
This module descriptor refers to the 2016/7 academic year.
The aim of this module is to pursue an individual programme of research, applying appropriate research methodologies and drawing on appropriate materials, to a topic approved by the programme director and under the guidance of an academic supervisor
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. Knowledge in depth of a specialised subject area.|
2. Ability to design an individual research programme, incorporating appropriate social science research methods
3. Ability to collate and analyse subject-specific information from a range of appropriate sources
|Discipline-Specific Skills||4. Ability to assimilate and critically analyse data from an appropriate range of sources|
5. Ability to develop cogent argument
6. Ability to communicate complex information and ideas effectively in writing.
|Personal and Key Skills||7. Ability to undertake an individual research project|
8. Ability to use IT for information retrieval and presentation
9. Ability to manage own work