You have a right of appeal against academic decisions and recommendations made by Boards of Examiners and Faculty Boards (or Deans acting on their behalf) that affect your academic progress.

Appeals can be made against the following decisions:

  • A formal assessment result
  • A degree classification
  • A decision consequential to an academic failure (e.g. termination of registration)
  • A decision consequential to unsatisfactory academic progress

It is a principle of the University that appeals cannot be made against the academic judgment of either an internal or external examiner of the University. You can, however, appeal if you believe that this judgment was not made fairly or according to the correct University process.

Please also see the University's Academic Appeals Procedure and the Academic Appeal Form on the University's Student Academic Appeals page.