A student who has reason to believe that a member of staff is not observing either the letter or the spirit of this code should first discuss the matter with the member of staff concerned, if possible. If this does not produce a satisfactory solution then the student should approach first his or her personal tutor, a member of the Student Staff   Liaison Committee and then the Head of Department, and as a last resort, the Associate Dean (Education). Should the student feel unable to approach the member of staff directly, s/he should approach his/her personal tutor instead. The University has a procedure for complaints about teaching. For information about the complaints procedure see Making a Complaint.