Postgraduate Module Descriptor
EFPM918: Reflecting on Educational Practices
This module descriptor refers to the 2021/2 academic year.
- To support and develop your skills as a critically reflective and professional observer
- To provide experience as a means of supporting the development of knowledge and skills in practice
- To critically explore and problematise the issues and challenges professionals face in real-life education settings
- To enrich your existing experience of professional settings and your understanding of the places where education might take place
- To develop your understanding of experiential learning and what it means to learn through reflection
- To develop employment related skills which will prepare you for future work in the field
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. Gather relevant practical data and critically analyse it for purposes of reflection;|
2. Demonstrate ethical professional practices;
3. Critically reflect on your experience and observations and develop a comprehensive and sophisticated argument about what you learnt in relation to theory and policy;
4. Demonstrate detailed knowledge and understanding of: key themes in education practice; areas of interest to you; and their enactment.
|Discipline-Specific Skills||5. Construct organised, structured, critically reflective and analytic writing;|
6. Critically engage with relevant sources of literature and current debates in education;
7. Reflect on and problematise theory, practice and/or policy with regards to experiences of educational practices.
|Personal and Key Skills||8. Demonstrate independent learning, self-management and organisation;|
9. Critically reflect on your experiences of educational practices and discuss the implications for future practice;
10. Demonstrate oral and written communication skills.