Our research centres are externally funded through major research grants, strategic funding or local partnerships. They conduct internationally recognised research and provide postgraduate programmes and research supervision, allowing students to work closely with staff in these specialist areas. Membership of centres is not ringfenced, allowing our academics to collaborate widely and innovatively across multiple areas of research.
The Graduate School of Education is home to the following interdisciplinary research centres:
- Centre for Research in Professional Learning
- Centre for Research in Writing
- Centre for Research in STEM Education (CRISTEME)
- Centre for Special Educational Needs and Disability
- The Centre for Social Mobility
See also our Research Networks.