Dr Mansour Nsasra
Honorary University Fellow
Dr. Mansour Nasasra is a scholar of International Relations and Middle East Politics. Before joining the Department of Politics and Government at BGU, Mansour was a Lecturer in Middle East Politics and Conflict Resolution at the Department of Politics, University of Exeter, where he also completed a PhD in Politics in 2011. His research focuses on how the dynamics of power and state-building influence the ways minorities in the Middle East interact with the state. He is a co-editor of The Naqab Bedouin and Colonialism: New Perspectives (Routledge, 2014). His forthcoming book, "The Naqab Bedouins: A Century of Politics and Resistance" will be published by Columbia University Press, 2016.
Currently, Mansour is researching the Oslo Peace Paradigm, 20 years after the peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians, looking mainly at the limitations and the success of Oslo. The exclusion of Jerusalem and the Palestinians in Israel from the peace agreement is key to his current research project+ the Politics of Education in East Jerusalem (the awqaf and the municipal schools in East Jerusalem).
د. منصور النصاصرة
محاضر وباحث في دراسات الشرق الاوسط والعلاقات الدولية
جامعة اكستر بريطانيا
مركز الدراسات البريطانية - القدس
اهتمامات بحثية في مجال البدو والدولة الحديثة في الشرق الاوسط
الاحزاب والحركات الاسلامية لدى عرب ال 48
القدس واتفاقيات اوسلو
بدو جنوب فلسطين والنقب
-The Palestinian Arab minority in Israel
-Conflict Resolution in the Middle East
-The indigenous Arab Bedouin of the Naqab/ Negev in Israel
-Tribes and the modern Middle East state: Transjordan, Israel/Palestine
-Ottoman and British Rule in Southern Palestine -Minorities in the Middle East
-The Israeli Palestinian Conflict
-Jerusalem, 20 years after Oslo Peace Paradigm
-The Arab Political Parties in Israel
-The Islamic movement and Jerusalem
- Conflict Resolution in the Middle East and North Africa (level 3 UG, Exeter)
- Contemporary Theories of World Politics (level 2 UG, Exeter)
- War and Peace in the Middle East (level 2 UG, Exeter)
- Introduction to the Middle East Politics (level 2 UG, Exeter)
- The Politics of Empire in the Middle East (level 3 UG, Exeter)
- State and Society in the Middle East (MA, Exeter)
- Dissertation Skills (MA, Exeter)
- International Relations of the Middle East (level 3, Plymouth)
- International Relations of the Middle East: Critical Approaches (MA, Plymouth)
- The Arab Minority in Israel (level 2 UG, Open University, Israel)
- The Politics of Empire in the Middle East (Hebrew University, Israel)
- 2013-2015: MA Conflict, Security and Development Programme, Department of Politics, University of Exeter (co-ordinator).
- 2014: National Refugees Council: Expert Opinion about the Bedouin in the West Bank (consultant).
- 2011-2012: The founder of the first Bedouin oral history archive- Ben Gurion University of the Negev (consultant).
- 2011-2012: Library Liaison Officer, Department of Politics, University of Exeter
- 2007-2008: Reuters, UK: Media Analyst and stock exchange co-ordinator for Tel Aviv, Amman, and Cairo stock exchange market.
- 2000-2006: Fund Raiser and Project Manager, for A - Step Forward NGO, Southern Israel
External impact and engagement
- 2014: The Politics of Non-cooperation and Lobbying: The Arab Minority and the Israeli Military Rule, 1948-1967, (WOCMES), Ankara, 22 August, 2014.
- 2013: Middle East Association for North America (MESA), New Orleans. Presentation Entitled “Resistance to Colonialism: The Southern Palestine Bedouin Tribes under the British and the Ottoman Rule, 1900-1948, 10-13 October, 2013.
- 2013: Queens University, Canada (The Bader International Study Centre- Sussex), Presentation Entitled “Traditional Conflict Resolution in the Middle East, 20 June, 2013.
- 2012: 11th Session of the Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues, United Nations Headquarters, New York, USA. Presentation entitled “Bedouin Rights in Israel”, 07-18 May, 2012.
- 2012: UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues, United Nations Headquarters, New York, USA, Side Event presentation “Land Ownership during the British Mandate in Palestine”, 14 May, 2012.
- 2012: Israel’s Denial of the Bedouin, Houses of Parliament, London. A panel discussion organised by Hon Bob Russell MP and Minority Rights Groups. Presentation entitled “Negev Bedouin land ownership and the Prawer report”. 30 November, 2012.
- 2012: Israeli Studies Association, Haifa University, Israel. Presentation Entitled “The Social and Economic Advancement of the Arab minority in Israel: Contrasting Government Policies”, 25-27 June, 2012.
- 2012: Israeli Studies, SOAS, London. Presentation Entitled “The Negev Bedouin in Israel and the Prawer case”, 15 March, 2012
- 2011: 'Past is Present: Settler-Colonialism in Palestine' conference, SOAS. Presentation entitled “The ongoing struggle in the Naqab: the case of the Bedouin Village of al- ‘Araqib, 05-06-March, 2011.
- 2011: ‘Demolitions & Discrimination against Palestinian Citizens of Israel: Land Ownership under the Ottoman and the British legacies. Amnesty International, London. Lecture entitled” Bedouin Land Ownership in Israel”. 17 October, 2011.
- 2010: Amnesty International: Moderator for the event ‘unrecognized’ Bedouin villages in Israel, Amnesty Offices, London. 04 November, 2010.
- 2009: Contemporary Fieldwork in the Middle East: Practices, Possibilities and Politics, SOAS. Presentation entitled “Fieldwork Inside Out: Reflections on the Politics and Ethics of Fieldwork among the Naqab Bedouin in Israel/Palestine”, 17 July 2009.
- 2008: Annual Middle East Studies Association (MESA) Conference, Washington. Presentation entitled “Resistance to the State: The Naqab Bedouin under Ottoman and British Rule 1900-1948” 20-21 November, 2008.
- 2003: Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey. International Seminar on the Ottoman Empire, seminar participation. June 15, 2003.
- 2014: The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, International Relations Department: Lecture Entitled: “Ruling the Desert: Ottoman and British Policies towards the Negev and Transjordan Bedouin tribes, 1900-1948.
- 2014: The Arava Institute, Arava: Lecture Entitled: Ruling the Desert: the Palestine Police and the Revolt of 1936-39.
- 2014: Ben Gurion University, Man in the Desert Department, Sde Boker. Lecture entitled: Ottoman and British Policies in Transjordan and Southern Palestine.
- 2014: The Academic College of Ashkelon. Lecture for Arab Students: Doing PhD in the UK.
- 2013: The University of Haifa, Department of Middle Eastern History: Lecture Entitled: Resistance to Colonialism: “The Southern Palestine under the Ottoman and the British Rule”, 09 April, 2013.
- 2013: Ben Gurion University, Department of Middle East Studies: Departmental Seminar “The Bedouin in southern Palestine 1917-1948”, 08 January, 2013.
- 2013: Ben Gurion University, Department of Politics: Lecture Entitled: “Power and Resistance”: “The Southern Palestine Bedouin 1917-1948”, 07 January, 2013.
- 2012: Ben Gurion University, Man in the Desert Department, Sde Boker. Lecture Entitled: “The Southern Palestine Bedouin and the British Mandate, Resistance to Colonialism”, 27 December 2012.
- 2011: Hult, International Business School, London. Lecture Entitled: “The Arab Minority in Israel”, 11 November 2010.
- 2010: Plymouth Bussiness School, Plymouth. Lecture Entitled: Indigenous Peoples and the state in the Middle East”, December
- POL2038 - International Relations, War and Peace in the Middle East
- POL2063 - Introduction to Middle East Politics
- POL3017 - Conflict and Order in the Middle East
- POLM651 - State and Society in the Middle East
- POLM876 - Dissertation Skills
- 2013-2015: Council of British Research in the Levant (British Academy- London), Research Fellow: ‘Oslo Peace Process-20 years after’ (assessment of Oslo success and limitations).
- 2010- 2013: University of Exeter, Politics Department, Lecturer in Middle East Politics and International Relations
- 2014-2014: Visiting Fellow, The Leonard Davis Institute for International Relations, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 2013-2014: University of Exeter, Politics Department, Honorary Research Fellow in Middle East Politics and IR.
- 2012-2013: University of Exeter, Department of Politics, MA Director, Middle East Politics and IR.
- 2010-2011: University of Plymouth, Business School, Department of Politics, Associate Lecturer in Modern Middle East Studies and IR.
- 2009- 2010: The Golden Web Foundation- Cambridge, UK: Researcher, the Arab World since the 1800s.
- 2003-2006: Ben Gurion University, Middle East Department, Research Assistant for Dr. Relli Shechter