For general enquiries:
Telephone External Callers: +44 (0)1392 725140
Telephone Internal Callers: 5140
Fax Number: +44 (0)1392 724 676
University of Exeter
St German's Road
Professional Services staff
Chee Wong - Administrator
Tel: 01392 726396
How to find us
Egenis is located in Byrne House a grey Victorian villa, on the University of Exeter main (Streatham) campus.
Due to the redevelopment of Spreytonway, close to the building, there is currently no access via St German's Road.
Please approach Byrne House via the footpaths to the front of building, gained through the residences or the Hope Hall entrance off the Prince of Wales Road.
The University permit parking for staff at the Byrne House car park is currently unavailable whilst the construction phase for the new student residences at Spreytonway takes place. Alternative parking can be found at Rowe House and Lopes Hall. A temporary accessible space has been created for the duration of the project, accessed via the Spreytonway site only - please speak to a member of the site team to gain access if the space is available.
Visitor parkings is available elsewhere on the campus Car Parking for Visitors
Arriving by train
There are two main stations in Exeter, Exeter Central and Exeter St David's. It's a fair walk to the University from either station. If you want to walk, the most direct route is from St David's (but it is uphill all the way). If you want to take a taxi, St David's is again the best option.
Most train routes will bring you into St David's Station (see campus map). The University is signposted from here, but it is uphill all the way. If you can get off at Exeter Central (not on the campus map), here is a relatively flat route to us:
- out of the main entrance of the station turn right down Queen St.;
- at the Clocktower roundabout turn right down New North Road;
- go past the prison on your left, and at the 3-way mini-roundabout turn left up Blackall Rd.;
- follow Blackall Rd, all the way to the end;
- turn right at the T-junction mini-roundabout up Pennsylvania Rd;
- go up this road and you will shortly see a traffic-lighted junction ahead of you (junction with Union Rd and Prince of Wales Rd);
- turn left for about 100 metres and then right into the Hope Hall entrance;
- go up the footpath ahead of you, to the main entrance of Byrne House;
- cycle racks can be found at the back of the building by following the footpath round to the right and front of the building (we ask that you do not use sign posts, lamp posts and benches for securing cycles).