The range of modules on offer is really impressive from a relatively small department. I also like the fact that Sociology, Anthropology and Philosophy all overlapped and interlinked, giving students the ability to explore a range of areas in their degrees. The department makes you feel really welcome, and values you as a student member.
Issy, studying Sociology
- 5th for Sociology, 4th for Anthropology and 6th for Philosophy in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020.
- Ranked 9th in the UK in the latest Research Excellence Framework 2014
- Work experience bursaries of up to £2,000 for BSc Single Honours students taking applied research training
- Opportunities to study abroad in Europe, the USA, Australia and elsewhere
- Distinctive interdisciplinary approach with philosophers, sociologists and anthropologists working together in teaching and research
- Flexibility to tailor your degree around your own interests