- New students
- About us
- Staff profiles
- PGCE programmes
- Undergraduate opportunities
- Partnership with schools
- Graduate and Professional Studies
- Continuing Professional Development
- TESOL options
- International students
- Life at St Luke's
- Support for students and staff
- Contact us
- Continuing Education
- Primary Enrichment Courses for KS2 children
- Current students
- Programme specifications
- Module descriptors
- Staff intranet
Graduate School of Education
St Luke's Campus
Our contact details
The roots of the Graduate School of Education predate those of the University itself, and as such we have over 165 years of experience in Education. We offer a wide range of initial teacher education (PGCE) and postgraduate programmes, for both full-time and part-time study, and are recognised us as one of the top Education research schools in the country.
Our international community of researchers has an excellent record of winning external funding, and our research centres provide structure and support, promoting collaboration and impact.
- 6th in the UK for world-leading and internationally excellent research in Education1
- Ranked amongst the top five university providers of initial teacher training in the Good Teacher Training Guide 2015
- Top 150 in the world for Education (QS World University Rankings 2017)
- PhD studentships available through the ESRC South West Doctoral Training Centre - a hub of world-class social sciences research
- Recognised by the Training and Development Agency for Schools (TDA) and Ofsted as an outstanding provider of Primary and Secondary teacher education
- Home to one of the largest education libraries in the UK
We are located on the historic and beautiful St Luke’s Campus and provide excellent support for all our postgraduate students. This ideal setting is within easy walking distance of both the city centre and the University’s Streatham Campus, where students are encouraged to make use of the additional facilities available to them.
The School has specialist facilities to support your studies, including one of the largest Education libraries in the UK, a print unit with full reprographic services and extensive IT facilities.